Monday 15 July 2013

Kuta Loop: Rapha Rising 44% Complete

Really, really humid day today, but nonetheless I set off with Steve this morning for this beautiful little route...



Got back just in time to avoid a very, very intense thunderstorm that rolled in in the early afternoon - lots of lightning, really heavy rain and a level 2 tornado warning would probably have complicated matters there...

Quite a sky!

Finished off my day with a well-earned cold beer while watching Froome absolutely wreck everyone up Mt. Ventoux in Le Tour. Amazing performance. Definitely ready for bed now!

Anyway, that all gives me 44% completion on the Rapha Rising challenge already. Tomorrow will be a rest day and Tuesday potentially a big ride (lots of elevation), depending on how I'm feeling (I have a little knee niggle which I'm hoping will go away). I head off to Kagoshima for the IAVCEI 2013 conference on Friday so I need to be done before then, anyway!

And so, up we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment